ABOUT WORLDFOOD MOSCOW
WorldFood Moscow is the international autumn food and drink exhibition.
It is a professional platform where food manufacturers and related services providers meet with buyers from retail, wholesale, food industry, as well as distributors and exporters of food and drinks.
WHAT TASKS CAN BE SOLVED
The key advantage and value of the WorldFood Moscow exhibition is the coverage of all food distribution channels and the ability to comprehensively solve business problems:
- for food producers: find new customers and increase sales, expand the geography of sales within Russia, realize export potential, present new products, study the market and competitors, get feedback from buyers about products, meet partners and find service providers;
- for retail, wholesale and marketplaces: find new suppliers of food and drinks, negotiate the best supply terms, compare offers from different suppliers, taste and evaluate the quality of products, learn the latest market statistics and meet industry experts;
- for food industry: find new suppliers of food products for canteens, cafes and restaurants, taste the products as part of ready meals, negotiate supplies directly with company executives.
In 2024, the WorldFood Moscow exhibition will be held September 17-20 at Crocus Expo in halls 14 and 15 (pavilion 3).How to get there >>>
Manufacturers of food, drinks and ingredients from 39 countries and 58 regions of Russia take part in the WorldFood Moscow exhibition.
WorldFood Moscow exhibitors present their products in 16 sectors covering all product categories:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft drinks
- Frozen products, convenience and ready-to-eat food
- Confectionery and bakery
- Canned food
- Oils, fats and sauces
- Dairy products and cheese
- Meat, poultry and eggs
- Organic and healthy food
- Fish and seafood
- Fruit and vegetables
- Tea and coffee
Due to the time of the exhibition – in autumn – only WorldFood Moscow has an exclusive section of fresh fruits and vegetables. In such a volume, these products are not presented at any exhibition in Russia.About exhibitions sectors >>>
Every year WorldFood Moscow is visited by more than 20,000 retail and wholesale trade specialists, public catering segment, as well as food distributors and manufacturers.
Exhibition visitors represent:
7 443 (37%) – wholesale
3 622 (18%) – retail
3 621 (18%) – food manufacturers
1 478 (7%) – public catering
In 2023, the WorldFood Moscow food exhibition was attended by heads and deputy heads, managers and specialists of the largest federal and regional retail chains in Russia, wholesale distributors, restaurant chefs, buyers of large catering chains.
Every year, during all four days, the WorldFood Moscow exhibition is accompanied by an up-to-date business program consisting of forums, analytical and practical sessions, plenary discussions and conferences.
*WorldFood Moscow 2023 statistics
The business program accompanies the exhibition for all 4 days and takes place in parallel at 4 sites at once. The first of them, Food Industry Leaders Forum is dedicated to the exchange of experience and solutions to urgent problems which retail faces, as well as presentations of fresh statistics and market trends with the participation of leading representatives of the industry.
As part of the program for the commercial departments of chains, Retail Academy hosts practical conferences on the development of categories: Fruits and vegetables, Ready meals and ultra-fresh, Confectionery, Dairy products and cheeses, Healthy food and Organics, Private labels, Fish and seafood.
The high quality of the programme is achieved since all the leaders of the Russian retail and food industry gather on the same stage.
At the Culinary Marathon, chefs, including foreign ones, prepare dishes from the participants’ products and conduct tastings. Viewers of the show have the opportunity to go on a real round-the-world gastronomic journey thanks to master classes from chefs from Brazil, China, India, Turkey, and South Africa.
A new zone for public catering representatives, WorldFood KITCHEN, allows representatives of the public catering industry to discuss current industry issues related to the selection and procurement of food products for their restaurants and cafes.
CONTESTS AND AWARDS
Product of the year tasting contest
The Product of the Year contest is held annually as part of the WorldFood Moscow exhibition. The purpose of the competition is to identify and announce the best quality food products on the Russian market within 19 nominations.
The award ceremony takes place on the third day of the exhibition.More datails >>>
WorldFood ORGANIC contest
WorldFood ORGANIC is a competition aimed at developing the organic industry in Russia. The awards are given in 6 categories to companies that have shown leadership and a new vision in promoting the goals of the organic movement in Russia.
The organizers of the competition are the WorldFood Moscow exhibition and the National Union of Producers and Consumers of Organic Products. Since 2022, the Organica Foundation has become a co-organizer of the contest.
The award is given to the winners on the third day of the exhibition.More datails >>>
WorldFood Moscow presents new formats and opportunities for exhibitors and visitors to help get the most out of the exhibition:
Bright formats for product presentation:
- tasting areas, themed days, cooking shows, competitions.
New formats for promoting your products:
- food trucks and one-stop service (consultations on launching retail outlets in the food truck format);
- ready-to-eat, ready -to-cook.
Expansion of sales opportunities:
- realization of export potential due to the wide geographical representation of the exhibition audience;
- direct negotiations with federal, regional and foreign chains and buyers within organized purchasing sessions.
Modern solutions for organizing work at the exhibition:
- professional social network WorldFood Connect with the possibility of making an appointments;
- training for participants on effective preparation for the exhibition;
- LeadFrog application for automated lead collection at the exhibition.